2023 Finding Connections in Grief Conference Call for Speakers October 20-22, 2022
Welcome to the Submission Guide
Thank you for your interest in presenting at the 2023 Finding Connections in Grief Second Annual Conference. This Submission Guide provides the information you need to know in order to submit a proposed session for the conference.
Whether you are a seasoned presenter or are new to sharing your voice, talents, and passion, we appreciate your willingness to contribute a session and look forward to reviewing your proposal.
About the Conference
The Finding Connections in Grief, a peer-support conference for people in Massachusetts who are bereaved by a death from substance use. Come share in a weekend of connection, hope, healing, fellowship, and remembrance.
This is a conference for anyone who self-identifies as bereaved (family member, friend, colleague) from substance use-related causes.
As you reflect on your proposal, please consider the following topics: focus areas for this year’s conference program.
- Motivational Personal Stories
- Informational Panels
- Loss Specific Group Discussions
- Interactive Activities include, but are not limited to, therapeutic crafts, meditation, and yoga.
While proposals may address more than one area, you must select one as the best fit. Example topics noted are intended to help you develop your session, but we also welcome and encourage additional ideas.
All sessions will be 60 minutes long. - Concurrent double sessions will be considered.
Guidelines for Potential Presenters
- All proposals must be submitted using the online form.
- Plan your submission in advance. We suggest you collect your thoughts for your proposal before going to the online form. Once you have your ideas and all the necessary information together, click here to access the link.
- The primary presenter is the person submitting the proposal. Communication will go to the primary presenter, who must share information as needed with co-presenters as applicable.
- Speakers are requested to refrain from promoting your organization. Your participation is your promotion.
- We ask presenters to adhere to deadlines, including submitting program materials no less than three (3) weeks before the start of the conference, for review/approval and inclusion in the conference materials.
- We retain the right to modify titles and descriptions during copy editing for marketing purposes.
- Presenters must ensure that information or images in presentation materials shall be factual, not be misleading, and will not violate any third party's intellectual property or copyrights.
- All accepted presenters must register for the conference.
Thank you for your interest, expertise, and time in submitting a proposal for consideration. So that you can plan accordingly, please note the overall presenter timeline below:
♠ Call for Speakers Opens: 5/15/23: Application
♠ Call for Speakers Deadline: June 16, 2023
♠ Speaker Selections Announced: July 21, 2023
♠ Presenter Agreements Signed/Executed: By Aug 15, 2023
♠ Session Materials Due: September 29, 2023
♠ Save the Conference Dates: October 20-22, 2023
Email [email protected] with any questions about the submission process or the 2023 conference.